- Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards.
- Some hummingbirds fly at speeds greater than 33 miles per hour.
- A hummingbird’s wing beats take up so much energy, they spend the majority of their time resting on branches and twigs.
- Hummingbirds got their name from the humming noise their wings make in flight.
- A hummingbird’s metabolism is about 100 times faster than an elephant’s!
- Hummingbirds have no sense of smell.
- A hummingbird’s heart is relatively the largest of all animals at 2.5% of its body weight.
- A hummingbird weighs less than a nickel, on average.
- The iridescence of hummingbird feathers is a result of prism-like microstructures that fragment light into components of the spectrum, by a process of absorption and angle of light.
Length 32 inches / Can tied shorter
**WARNING** This item is not a toy and is not intended for use by children under three years of age. Necklaces have small parts and could cause choking. Do not put in mouth. By purchasing you are assuming all responsibility for these pieces and the supervision of your child.